Dead appointees in Buhari's list shortlisted two years ago -Presidency *Its unpardonable National embarrassment -PDP

By Editor on 30/12/2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 318

Buhari greets Osinbajo

The Presidency on Saturday defended inclusion of the names of some dead persons in the list of appointments into boards of some agencies released by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Friday.

At least, five of the nominees in the list of slightly below 1,500 have been confirmed to have passed- on many months before yesterday announcement of their appointments into various boards of agencies and parastatals of Federal Government.

Those identified so far to be ‘deceased appointees’ include Francis Okpozo, Donald Ugbaja, Christopher Utov and Kabir Umar.

The discovery led to withering criticisms of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, especially in the social media on Saturday morning.

Senior Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on media and publicity, Mallam Shehu Garba who spoke to journalists in Abuja on Saturday also said there was nothing “scandalous or extraordinary” in the  inclusion of the names.

He pointed out that the process of compiling the list started in 2015 while a reviewed list was presented to President Muhammadu Buhari in 2017 shortly before his health challenges.

“This list is a historical list. It dates back to 2015. The President asked all state chapters of the APC to forward 50 names for appointments to the SGF through the national headquarters of the party.

“The then SGF, Babachir Lawal, presented the report in October 2016, one year after he was commissioned.

“The report was disputed by state governors who said they were not carried along or the list was not representative enough.

“So, the President constituted a new panel chaired by the Vice President. The panel has some governors and some leaders of the party as members. They were asked to go and review the list.

“The panel did its work and turned in its report early in 2017. The President had his health challenges during that period.”

He however assured that the dead nominees will be replaced.

Meabwhile, tThe Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP) has described as an unpardonable national embarrassment, the appointment of deceased persons as members of various federal boards by President Muhammadu Buhari-led APC administration.

PDP National Publicity Secretary, Kola Ologbondiyan in a statement said the development has further confirmed PDP’s position that the APC administration is completely confused, disorganized and grossly incompetent, adding that Nigerians can now see the level recklessness and shoddiness inherent in the management of the nation under the APC.

The party noted that the situation has further exposed why the nation’s economy has been in shambles under the APC and wondered how a government which cannot tidy up a routine issue of board appointment for over two years can successfully take on complex issues of governance.

The statement read: “Nigerians can now see why the nation’s economy has been in shambles in the last two years. When we say that this government is completely inept, some Nigerians did not know to which level, but now they do.

“This inability to tidy up a simple issue of list of 209 appointees has completely exposed the extent the APC government is bereft of simple organizational skills to manage a country like Nigeria, which is in dire need of development.

“How on earth can a government that cannot compile a common list handle intricate issues of national planning and budgeting; issues of health, education, aviation, agriculture, infrastructure and management of the huge civil service?

“How can they possibly initiate and successfully implement national and international instruments for national development in today’s competetive world?

“This also explains why nothing has been working under the APC government. Furthermore, the mix up in the list also exposes the corruption in the APC government.

“The fact is that the government of our dear country has been in wrong hands in the last two years and the situation will continue to worsen unless the nation is rescued from them in 2019.

“Finally, we urge Nigerians to disregard the lame excuses by the APC government and hold them responsible for the woes that have befallen our country under their inept and undesirable regime.”

PDP National chairman, Secondus


Source Press Release

Posted on December, 30 2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

You may also like...
Egypt court 'condemns' Mursi to death

Fayose on Buhari: One year of reversed gains,...

Ekiti Guber: APC insists Fayose failed election, banks...

BREAKING: Breakthrough, as Boko Haram releases 21 Chibok...

Boko Haram Attack on Oil workers: Military Chiefs...

How Buhari traded release of Chibok Girls with...

Anioma cultural festival gets Union Bank’s support *Showcases...

Onabule, IBB’s spokesman heads NTA’s board in Buhari’s...

Military: Ransom not paid before Chibok Girls were...
Latest News BREAKING: Like MFM, another NPFL Club Plateau Utd crash out of CAF Chmapions league INCREDIBLE: You’re unlucky, doctors tell woman who lost 22 babies Gov Obiano sworn-in, begins his second term journey in Anambra Herdsmen reportedly invade Edo Communities, kill five Persons Algeria club whitewash MFM in CAFCL as NPFL team go down to CAF Confederation play-offs BREAKING: Federer dumps out Coric, race into final as Venus, Halep chicken out in Indian Wells semis Imo deputy Gov to Okorocha: You can't stop me from being next Governor Liverpool flog Watford as Salah hits first premier league hatrick, Palace journey out of relegation zone Buhari: Wakil’s death shocked me *We must not forget his dedication BREAKING: Wakil, 58, Bauchi Senator, slumps, dies *Saraki mourns


Most Read BREAKING: Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar clinch final Ballon d'Or shortlist, Suarez snubbed (36,404 views) You must release Kanu, give us justice or we keep bombing – Gen. Ben (23,957 views) Seven 'killer' SARS officers arrested in Anambra for murder (21,786 views) I must redeem Ndigbo or die trying – Nwodo *We're quite uncomfortable in Nigeria (20,763 views) Biafra: I’ll lead negotiation with agitators – Okorie *Warns against force (13,851 views) Okorie to Buhari: Your gvt can’t be killing Ndigbo and offering B’Haram amnesty (12,980 views) BREAKING: Again DSS shuns court order, hedges on Kanu's release (12,155 views) BREAKING: Upset, as Ugwuanyi appoints Queen of 419 into cabinet (10,923 views) Catholic bishops to Mbaka: Your prophesies could be brain wave (10,096 views) Biafra: S’East governors, Ohanaeze to meet Buhari over Kanu (10,062 views)


News Appointments (138) Business (255) Crime (650) Economy (422) Education (162) Entertainment (89) Fashion and Style (6) General (260) Health (287) Inside Africa (223) Interviews (14) National (652) Politics (1948) Press Releases (3) Religion (132) Security (1066) Sports (1845) Technology (19) World News (399)


CBN banner advert

Chelsea Outdoor

Veleta banner

FRSC Officials vs Woman Driver on highway



Newsletters Subscribe to Whirl Wind News newsletters today and get breaking news and updates delivered to your mailbox!

Sign up