Herdsmen attack: Buhari approves N10billion to rebuild destroyed homes in Benue

By Editor on 16/05/2018

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 276


The Federal Government, has announced that it would be spending N10billion the homes in the villages devastated by violence in Benue and other flashpoints across the country so that displaced indigenes could return home.

This was part of the offerings from Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, whilst on a visit to the camp of the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), in Benue State, which has known little respite in recent years, as a result of the onslaught of herdsmen against farmers and other residents.

Osinbajo, on a two-day visit to the state, took time to assess the situation at the Abagena Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) facility, along Makurdi-Lafia Road, where he told the people that the proposal by the President, had already been approved by the Federal Executive Council (FEC).

Osinbajo, said the gesture was part of the fallouts of the President’s visit to the state on March 12 this year, where he directed that a study be carried out in three strategic areas of security, destroyed homes and farms in order to identify what is needed to be done for the displaced people to return to their homes.

"All of these must be funded; so, the President approved some money at the Food Security Council to rebuild where there have been destruction in the country including Benue. N10 billion had been approved for that and we will begin work as soon as possible so you (IDPs) could rebuild your lives again," he said.

Osinbajo further explained that of the three needed things to be done; security would be improved to enable the people return to their various villages while destroyed homes as well as educational facilities would be rebuilt and farms/farmlands restored for farmers to return to work.

The Vice President who said his boss mandated him to ensure that the three necessities are put in place as quick as possible, appeal to traders, farmers and artisans to take advantage of the federal government's micro-credit schemes such as the anchor borrowers programme to better their lots.

He assured the IDPs that all of their sufferings would henceforth come to an end.

Earlier, the Secretary of the State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), Emmanuel Shior, informed the Vice President that a total of 175,070 people comprising of 80,450 children were inhabiting eight designated camps across the state while an ongoing data collection was being carried out to determine the actual numbers of displaced people taking shelter in places other than the approved camps.

Image result for destroyed homes in benue

Osinbajo with the IDPs

In his remark, Governor Samuel Ortom, acknowledged the additional troops deployed to the troubled areas of the state by the federal government in the past two weeks, saying that since their coming, the state had witnesses relative calm.

Ortom therefore appealed for more security to enable the people go back to their homes, adding that 69 babies were born at various camps so far.

 

 

Source Whirlwindnews.com

Posted on May, 16 2018

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


You may also like...
APC Chieftain: Why I dumped Buhari's APC

Dogara snubs Gbajabiamila, Tinubu; cedes House leader position...

Dapchi: AI Report exposes Buhari’s conspiracy – PDP...

US to Nigeria, other countries: Be wary of...

Ex-Super Eagles Striker, Aiyegbeni clocks 35, retires

Court to Buhari: Publish the names of Looters...

Enyeama unleashes anger on Oliseh after Eagles' humiliation...

BREAKING: Anxiety as Alleged Suspects in Dino Melaye's...

Prince Ali to stand in for another FIFA...
Latest News STUNNER! Unseeded Tennis Player kicks top seed, Venus out of French Open BOMBSHELL! You achieved nothing but noise-making in three years, Northern Elder fires Buhari Ex-Ogun Governor, Gbenga Daniel heads Atiku's campaign team Russia 2018: Confident Salah vows to bounce back after Champions League setback, makes UCL squad of the season 2019: You 'll land in jail soon, Presidential Aspirant tells Senate President Injury rules Moses out of 2018 World Cup as DR Congo clash looms Sports dev’t: Sideline Media, at your peril, Adamu tells Dalung, Pinnick, others How Amaechi 'deceived' Buhari to sign $195million ‘Israeli’ security contract *Deal, cancelled Mo Salah in tears after Champions League 'horror' injury, fears W/Cup miss BREAKING - Its settled! Historic moment for Ronaldo, Zidane as Real win three consecutive Champions League

 

Most Read BREAKING: Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar clinch final Ballon d'Or shortlist, Suarez snubbed (36,682 views) You must release Kanu, give us justice or we keep bombing – Gen. Ben (24,268 views) Seven 'killer' SARS officers arrested in Anambra for murder (22,046 views) I must redeem Ndigbo or die trying – Nwodo *We're quite uncomfortable in Nigeria (20,924 views) Biafra: I’ll lead negotiation with agitators – Okorie *Warns against force (13,998 views) Okorie to Buhari: Your gvt can’t be killing Ndigbo and offering B’Haram amnesty (13,312 views) BREAKING: Again DSS shuns court order, hedges on Kanu's release (12,338 views) BREAKING: Upset, as Ugwuanyi appoints Queen of 419 into cabinet (11,365 views) Catholic bishops to Mbaka: Your prophesies could be brain wave (10,389 views) Biafra: S’East governors, Ohanaeze to meet Buhari over Kanu (10,337 views)

 

News Appointments (154) Business (264) Crime (691) Economy (444) Education (168) Entertainment (100) Fashion and Style (7) General (271) Health (313) Inside Africa (237) Interviews (14) National (705) Politics (2142) Press Releases (3) Religion (141) Security (1162) Sports (1966) Technology (20) World News (429)

 

CBN banner advert

Chelsea Outdoor

Veleta banner

FRSC Officials vs Woman Driver on highway

 

 

Newsletters Subscribe to Whirl Wind News newsletters today and get breaking news and updates delivered to your mailbox!

Sign up

 

Advertisement