Renewed attacks in S’Africa: Police kill another Nigerian, mob raze down four shops

By Editor on 20/01/2018

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 357


Another Nigerian, Ebuka Okorie, has been felled by bullets from the police at close range, as reports say a renewed wave of violence, which swept through the country has razed four shops belonging to Nigerians in South Africa.

The Nigerian community in South Africa has alleged that Okori, a 27-year–old member, was killed by the police in Durban in the early hours of Friday, while a mob destroyed four shops and several houses belonging to their members at Krugersdorp, near Johannesburg.

Mr Bartholomew Eziagulu, the Chairman of the Nigerian Union chapter in Kwazulu Natal Province of South Africa, said on telephone from Durban that the victim was a native of Umunze in Orumba North Local Government of Anambra.

He said that an eyewitness informed the union that two police officers in mufti forcefully gained access to the victim’s house at Campbell Street in Durban at 2.am on Friday.

According to him, the officers immediately demanded money from Okori.

“When he refused, he was handcuffed, taken outside and shot dead. The officers took away his cell phone, e-passport and other valuable documents.

“The relative of the victim was tortured and robbed of his belongings while a third victim, a South African, was also robbed,” he said.

Eziagulu said that the Okori`s brother escaped from the house and called for help.

“The Metro Police around the vicinity swiftly intervened and picked the vehicle number of the assailants,” he said.

Eziagulu said that police detectives and another special police team which investigates complaints against their colleagues had been assisting to arrest the culprits.

Mr Adetola Olubajo, the President of the Nigerian Union in South Africa, said that the national secretariat had been informed about the incident.

He said that the union was monitoring the situation and had informed the Nigerian Mission and the South African police.

 

Image result for south african police attack nigerians

“I can confirm that Nigerians in the area have been attacked. I am amazed and emotionally down as calls from panicked Nigerians flooded my phone from various provinces.

“The South African government needs to be engaged at the highest level to avoid further loss of lives and property of our citizens,” he said.

“Two Nigerians have been killed, many displaced and injured in fresh xenophobic attacks and extra-judicial killing,” he said, adding that more than five Nigerian owned shops and houses were burnt at Rustenburg, North West Province by taxi drivers, who alleged that Nigerians sold drugs to a gang that attacked their members and that a Nigerian abducted and raped a 16-year-old South African girl.

“After our investigation, no Nigerian has been arrested for the rape or drug offence. The allegations are false and spurious,” he said.

 

 

Source Whirlwindnews.com

Posted on January, 20 2018

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


You may also like...
England captain, Rooney quits int'l football

Curbing corruption in the military helped us destroy...

BREAKING: West Ham sack Man U from Champs...

Nigerian Police best ever globally, PPRO reacts to...

Woman to spend 20years in jail for goading...

Boko Haram hijacks Bus Passengers in Cameroon

NTF carries out 12 events in six months,...

Falana to Buhari: Why treat Fulani herdsmen with...

President George Weah names Chief of Staff, Ministers...
Latest News STUNNER! Unseeded Tennis Player kicks top seed, Venus out of French Open BOMBSHELL! You achieved nothing but noise-making in three years, Northern Elder fires Buhari Ex-Ogun Governor, Gbenga Daniel heads Atiku's campaign team Russia 2018: Confident Salah vows to bounce back after Champions League setback, makes UCL squad of the season 2019: You 'll land in jail soon, Presidential Aspirant tells Senate President Injury rules Moses out of 2018 World Cup as DR Congo clash looms Sports dev’t: Sideline Media, at your peril, Adamu tells Dalung, Pinnick, others How Amaechi 'deceived' Buhari to sign $195million ‘Israeli’ security contract *Deal, cancelled Mo Salah in tears after Champions League 'horror' injury, fears W/Cup miss BREAKING - Its settled! Historic moment for Ronaldo, Zidane as Real win three consecutive Champions League

 

Most Read BREAKING: Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar clinch final Ballon d'Or shortlist, Suarez snubbed (36,682 views) You must release Kanu, give us justice or we keep bombing – Gen. Ben (24,268 views) Seven 'killer' SARS officers arrested in Anambra for murder (22,046 views) I must redeem Ndigbo or die trying – Nwodo *We're quite uncomfortable in Nigeria (20,924 views) Biafra: I’ll lead negotiation with agitators – Okorie *Warns against force (13,998 views) Okorie to Buhari: Your gvt can’t be killing Ndigbo and offering B’Haram amnesty (13,312 views) BREAKING: Again DSS shuns court order, hedges on Kanu's release (12,338 views) BREAKING: Upset, as Ugwuanyi appoints Queen of 419 into cabinet (11,365 views) Catholic bishops to Mbaka: Your prophesies could be brain wave (10,389 views) Biafra: S’East governors, Ohanaeze to meet Buhari over Kanu (10,337 views)

 

News Appointments (154) Business (264) Crime (691) Economy (444) Education (168) Entertainment (100) Fashion and Style (7) General (271) Health (313) Inside Africa (237) Interviews (14) National (705) Politics (2142) Press Releases (3) Religion (141) Security (1162) Sports (1966) Technology (20) World News (429)

 

CBN banner advert

Chelsea Outdoor

Veleta banner

FRSC Officials vs Woman Driver on highway

 

 

Newsletters Subscribe to Whirl Wind News newsletters today and get breaking news and updates delivered to your mailbox!

Sign up

 

Advertisement