Fayose: I didn't promise to bring Olaiya's body home *Bad people shouldn't ruin burial

By Editor on 22/05/2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 228


Fayose

Ekiti State Government is peeved at the alleged claim by Olukayode Salako, chairman of the burial committee of Moji Olaiya, that it declined the request to bring the body of the ace actress home from Canada, where she died at the weekend.

The government, while frowning at the claim on Monday, urged the family and friends of the late Nollywood actress to get a more credible person to handle the burial arrangement, described Salako's claim and that of an unnamed online medium that the State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose promised fund the movement of the corpse as untrue.

Insisting that no official request had been made to the government in respect of the burial, Fayose’s spokesman, Lere Olayinka, in a statemen, described as irresponsible, the comment made by a Salako, claiming that Governor Fayose declined request to assist with the flying of Moji Olaiya’s corpse to Nigeria. 

He said: “It is totally irresponsible on the part of the said Olukayode Salako, who is said to be the husband of Actress Foluke Daramola to have taken to the online media to disparage the person of

the governor when even family members and genuine friends of the deceased are mourning her and seeking means of according her a befitting burial.” 

The governor’s spokesperson, who maintained that there was no official communication between the governor and Moji Olaiya’s family, disclosed that; “On Thursday, last week, I was contacted on phone by a journalist friend, Yomi Fabiyi on the need for the Ekiti State Government to assist in raising a sum of $15,000 needed to bring Moji Olaiya’s corpse to Nigeria. 

“My immediate response was that an official request, via a letter should be made and that the letter will be presented to the governor. I gave him my email address to which I said the letter should be sent. Image result for nollywood actress, olaiya dies in canada

Olaiya

“On Friday, I informed the Chief of Staff to the governor, Chief Dipo Anisulowo of my telephone conversation with Yomi Fabiyi, and my response that official letter should be written to the governor. 

“Up till today, the letter has not been sent and as such, no official request has been made to the State Government. 

“When my attention was drawn to online publication that Governor Fayose had elected to fund the flying of the deceased corpse to Nigeria, I called the journalist who did the report and told him

pointedly that no such decision was taken by the governor. It was on the strength of this that Mr Yomi Fabiyi issued a press statement on behalf of the Burial Committee, stating that no request had been made to the government of Ekiti State and the official letter requested was yet to be sent. 

“It therefore beats our imagination that certain character like Olukayode Salako could take to the online media to make derogatory comments on the governor, purportedly on behalf of the family. 

“While we condole with the Olaiya family of Ijesha Isu Ekiti, Moji Olaiya’s friends, fans and colleagues in the movie industry, we wish to advise that the family should saddle only responsible people with the task of according their daughter a befitting burial.”

 

 

Source Whirlwindnews.com

Posted on May, 22 2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


You may also like...
Female Bombers invade Borno IDP camp, blast many...

Tension at UNIZIK as students revolt, accuse VC...

NFF in advanced talks with Oliseh to replace...

BREAKING: Gbajabiamila finally gets soft landing, emerges House...

Aluko caused too much damage to be ignored...

Spain sends Nigerians packing to Nigeria

BOMBSHELL! How my deputy wanted to kill me...

Your tribal tendencies against Ndigbo is uncalled for,...

BREAKING: AFCON Qualifier: Eagles whip Chad 2-0
Latest News West Ham swim out of relegation zone, City run down Spurs as EPL gather steam 2018 FIFA U-17 Women W/Cup: Flamingoes draw close, face Cameroon in last round Hijab controversy: Why I remained defiant -Ejected Law Graduate Anti-Corruption fight: Kwara Lawmaker rates ICPC higher than EFCC BREAKING: Ronaldo's strike lands another Club World Cup for Real APC felicitates with Buhari as President turns 75 EPL: Chelsea knock down Saints, Arsenal scrap past Newcastle $1billion Boko Haram fund: Fayose rocking the boat, he's on his own - Yari Yul Edochie joins APGA after failing to clinch Anambra Guber position After studying Accounting, Emir of Kano's son joins Nigeria Police

 

Most Read BREAKING: Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar clinch final Ballon d'Or shortlist, Suarez snubbed (35,974 views) You must release Kanu, give us justice or we keep bombing – Gen. Ben (23,270 views) Seven 'killer' SARS officers arrested in Anambra for murder (21,180 views) I must redeem Ndigbo or die trying – Nwodo *We're quite uncomfortable in Nigeria (20,327 views) Biafra: I’ll lead negotiation with agitators – Okorie *Warns against force (13,488 views) Okorie to Buhari: Your gvt can’t be killing Ndigbo and offering B’Haram amnesty (12,602 views) BREAKING: Again DSS shuns court order, hedges on Kanu's release (11,609 views) BREAKING: Upset, as Ugwuanyi appoints Queen of 419 into cabinet (10,143 views) Biafra: S’East governors, Ohanaeze to meet Buhari over Kanu (9,507 views) Catholic bishops to Mbaka: Your prophesies could be brain wave (9,449 views)

 

News Appointments (124) Business (211) Crime (623) Economy (401) Education (149) Entertainment (81) Fashion and Style (4) General (240) Health (249) Inside Africa (182) Interviews (14) National (624) Politics (1788) Press Releases (3) Religion (116) Security (925) Sports (1695) Technology (19) World News (374)

 

CBN banner advert

Chelsea Outdoor

Veleta banner

FRSC Officials vs Woman Driver on highway

 

 

Newsletters Subscribe to Whirl Wind News newsletters today and get breaking news and updates delivered to your mailbox!

Sign up

 

Advertisement