More trouble for Emir Sanusi as Kano state govt hatches plot to depose him

By Editor on 11/05/2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon

Views: 864


Flamboyant Emir of Kano and former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Muhammadu Sanusi 11 is in trouble and may be deposed anytime from now by the state government.

To actualize the plan, the Kano State House of Assembly has launched an investigation against him over alleged abuse of office and improper conduct.

The emirate council is already being investigated by the state anti-corruption agency over allegation of financial fraud running into billions of naira.

The House on Wednesday constituted an 8-man committee to investigate eight offences allegedly committed by the emir.

The committee was constituted following a motion by Alhaji Ibrahim Ahmad Gama, Nassarawa Constituency.

The 8-man committee was headed by a member representing Warawa, Alhaji Labaran Abdul.

The allegations are: Accusing the state governor, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje and the state legislators of mismanaging state resources while on an official visit to China.

*Making remarks in Kaduna on the proposed Kano light rail project which had tarnished his (Gama) image, the government and the assembly as well.

*Allegation by the emir that the state governor and his entourage wasted one month in China seeking for loan to construct the light rail in the state.

On this Gama said “First of all, we did not spend one month in China. We only spent four days and our mission was to find out the capability of the company to handle the rail project but not to secure any loan as alleged by the emir.”

He added that the emir’s allegation had caused serious embarrassment to him (the lawmaker), the state government and the House of Assembly within and outside the state.

Other allegations levelled against Sanusi include:

* Intentionally attacking President Muhammadu Buhari whenever he got an opportunity to speak at a public gathering. He said this had contravened the culture of traditional institution.

*Embezzlement of funds belonging to the emirate council.

”Tarnishing the image of the emirate by assigning his daughter to represent him at a public function, introducing strange religious issues and involvement in politics.

“Downgrading the honour of the Kano emirate council by assigning his daughter to represent him at a function organised by the #BringBackourGirls# group in Abuja, saying it was against the emirate’s tradition.

On this he said: “There are many responsible members of Kano emirate council members that can represent the emir at the event instead of his daughter. This is the first time we are witnessing this kind of representation in the history of Kano emirate council.

“The mode of dressing of the Emir’s daughter at the event was an embarrassment not only to the emirate council but the entire people of Kano,” he lamented.

Gama, therefore, appealed to the house to investigate the activities of the emirate council with a view to correcting things.

It would also be recalled that the Kano state Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Commission is currently investigating Kano emirate council over alleged embezzlement of over N6bn in three years.

Daily Trust gathered that, three officials of the emirate council were expected to appear before the commission today (Thursday) to answer some questions as a continuation of the ongoing investigation which the commission commenced last month.

However, the Chairman of Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-Corruption Agency, Muhuyi Magaji Rimingado said that Kano state House of Assembly did not notify the commission on its decision to launch investigation into the activities of the emirate council.

He said, “The commission has suspended its investigation pending the outcome of the Assembly’s. This is because according to the section 16 of the commission’s law, we are prevented from investigating any matter that is before the State Assembly, Executive and or court of law.

“And the law of the commission is a product of Kano State House of Assembly. So, as a mark of respect, we have suspended our investigation into the embezzlement of over N6bn by the Kano State Emirate Council pending the outcome of the House ofAssembly’s investigation.

He said if the House investigation was only focused on the administrative aspect, the commission could have gone ahead with its ongoing investigation.”

But he added that since it borders on allegation of financial fraud, the commission could not go concurrently with the assembly investigating the same issue.

When contacted for comment, Walin Kano, Alhaji Mahe Bashir Wali, said the emirate had not yet received any invitation letter from the State House of Assembly in respect of the probe.

“I only heard about the development on television, but we did not receive any invitation letter from the house in that respect,” he said.

The probe is coming at a time when five northern governors – Aminu Waziri Tambuwal of Sokoto, Nasiru El-Rufa’i of Kaduna, Kashim Shettima of Borno, Aminu Masari of Katsina and Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger were said to have brokered a truce at a peace meeting in Kaduna penultimate Friday between Governor Ganduje and the Emir.

Emir Sanusi

 

Source Daily Trust

Posted on May, 11 2017

Share on facebook Yahoo mail icon Gmail icon


You may also like...
No intention to humiliate Jonathan -Buhari

What actually led to Alamieyeseigha's death -Dickson

INEC calls off further declaration of results till...

Ondo sparks off APC's open war: Oyegun must...

Dozens escape death in Ilorin as four storey...

Release of Chibok Girls: Ezekwesisli ecstatic, hails God,...

London Derby: Kane canes Gunners in White Hart...

Elections: Military dismisses Shekau’s threat to bomb Nigerians...

BREAKING: Metuh Charged with “eating” confessional statement *Back...
Latest News Tinubu-Oyegun feud: Why APC truce is in disarray WAFU: Super Falcons face Mali in third place game after semi-final slip APC crisis: EFCC beams searchlight on Oyegun, other NWC members as Tinubu's reconciliation hits rock Meningitis, not Biscuits killed Students in Kubwa -FCTA INEC, NSCDC, Police to Politicians: Campaign clean, avoid hate speeches 2019: Buhari widens consultation, keeps APC Governors waiting Commendation galore in Osun as NTF coaching course spreads to North-west BREAKING: Bodies of abducted Dapchi school girls recovered *No school girl was rescued – gov Buhari picks Igbo man, Chukwu as new Army spokesman *Replaces Usman Buhari, Fayose meet at last, shake hands *Obasanjo, also

 

Most Read BREAKING: Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar clinch final Ballon d'Or shortlist, Suarez snubbed (36,247 views) You must release Kanu, give us justice or we keep bombing – Gen. Ben (23,829 views) Seven 'killer' SARS officers arrested in Anambra for murder (21,674 views) I must redeem Ndigbo or die trying – Nwodo *We're quite uncomfortable in Nigeria (20,688 views) Biafra: I’ll lead negotiation with agitators – Okorie *Warns against force (13,765 views) Okorie to Buhari: Your gvt can’t be killing Ndigbo and offering B’Haram amnesty (12,911 views) BREAKING: Again DSS shuns court order, hedges on Kanu's release (12,059 views) BREAKING: Upset, as Ugwuanyi appoints Queen of 419 into cabinet (10,670 views) Biafra: S’East governors, Ohanaeze to meet Buhari over Kanu (9,950 views) Catholic bishops to Mbaka: Your prophesies could be brain wave (9,918 views)

 

News Appointments (137) Business (252) Crime (643) Economy (417) Education (157) Entertainment (87) Fashion and Style (6) General (250) Health (282) Inside Africa (209) Interviews (14) National (643) Politics (1902) Press Releases (3) Religion (128) Security (1026) Sports (1804) Technology (19) World News (390)

 

CBN banner advert

Chelsea Outdoor

Veleta banner

FRSC Officials vs Woman Driver on highway

 

 

Newsletters Subscribe to Whirl Wind News newsletters today and get breaking news and updates delivered to your mailbox!

Sign up

 

Advertisement